Thursday, August 03, 2006

Number 966 - Freedy Johnston


Number 966

Freedy Johnston


"Bad Reputation"

(1994)
.
.
.

Genre:Singer/Songwriter

Who? Who? Who? Who? Who? Who the frag is Freedy Johnston??

Jumping Jiminy, listen to him before you rip out me monitor !

"I know I got a bad reputation and it isn't just talk, talk, talk
If I could only give you everything
You know I haven't got
I couldn't have one conversation
If it wasn't for the lies, lies, lies
And still I ought to tell you everything' till I close my eyes"

Mark Deming says.....
"A gifted songwriter whose lyrics paint sometimes witty, often poignant portraits of characters often unaware of how their lives have gone wrong, Freedy Johnston seemingly appeared out of nowhere in the early '90s and quickly established himself as one of the most acclaimed new singer/songwriters of the day"

"I couldn't have one conversation
If it wasn't for the lies, lies, lies
And still I ought to tell you everything
'till I close my eyes"

He reminds me very much of (Kiwi), and thats a good thing. Lets hope Freedy Johnston has more to record personally/musically again one day and gets away from the film scores he does today.
Seven years disappear below my feet
Been breaking down
Do you want me now?"
Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs ranked this song at Number (Nope they hated it) and the Album ranked at Number (Nope, doesn't even know its out yet)
This song has a crowbarred rating of 52.1 out of 108

Search Artist here:1-2-3-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home