Monday, August 07, 2006

Number 936 - Savage Garden


Number 936

Savage Garden

"I Knew I Loved You"

(1999)
.
.
.

Genre:Pop
Gasp and shock horror, after compiling my "Definitive 1000" list i learnt that one half of Savage Garden was, well, er different..........

"Darren Hayes, one-half of defunct Australian pop duo , said he married his boyfriend in a recent civil ceremony in London.

The announcement, made to fans Monday on Hayes' web site, offered a rare insight into his private life, which he has long kept under wraps.

"As so many of you have given me your heart and soul over the past 10 years I thought it only fitting that I too return the respect and inform you of the most significant event in my life," Hayes wrote. "On June 19th 2006 I married my boyfriend of two years, Richard (Cullen), in a civil partnership ceremony in London. I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life."


Erm, happiest day? Anyway, moving right along.... (Does this mean that he is joining the Village People? Queen? ?) Oh shhhh!

What does Grandmaster Stone think about Savage G?
Australian pop duo savage Garden scored international multiplatinum success with their hit-packed debut ("I Want You," "Truly Madly Deeply") as singer Darren Hayes' marriage collapsed. Coming after that career breakthrough and personal loss, Affirmation strikes an uneasy balance between sunny pop and dusky emotional truths. Megamainstream producer Walter Afanasieff (Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Michael Bolton) sweetens a set of mostly sad, soul-searching songs. Although Afanasieff's all-American production gloss is often at odds with the duo's New Wave essence, Hayes' wounded tenor and Daniel Jones' poptastic tunes kick boy-band butt when they're not trying to kiss it. The current single, "I Knew I Loved You," clones 98 Degrees' tepid turds, yet galloping rockers like "The Best Thing" and "Chained to You" still pack a cherry-cola buzz, and the numerous melancholic ballads ache with melodramatic bliss. Moral: Tears should never be feared. ~ [source: Rolling Stone - 827]
For Mariah Carey see Number 916
For Celine Dion see Number 910 & MM Vol 1 #130
Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs ranked this song at Number (Nope, They hated it) and the Album ranked at Number (They just sent flowers instead)
This song has a crowbarred rating of 54.1 out of 108
Search Artist here:1-2-3-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z

underlay trademe

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home