Saturday, August 05, 2006

Number 954 - Shaggy

Number 954

Shaggy

"Boombastic"

(1995)
.
.

.


Genre:Reggae
Mr Boombastic
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says I'm Mr Ro...mantic
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says boom boom boom
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says I'm Mr Ro...mantic
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says boom boom boom
Gee wheeze baby please Let me take you to an island of the sweet cool breeze
You don't fell like drive baby hand me the keys
And I'll take you to a place to set your mind at ease
Don't you tickle my foot bottom ha ha baby please
Don't you play with my nose I might ha chum sneeze
Well you a the bun and me a the cheese
And if me a the rice well you a the peas

Um.....Not quite Lennon and McCartney is it? (You are the bun/ And I'm the cheese??) Hey, you bought it, not me, but I will concede this, yes, its catchy.

Anyhoo.............


"Shaggy (born October 22, 1968, in Kingston, Jamaica as Orville Richard Burrell), is a Jamaican reggae artist who takes his nickname from Scooby-Doo's companion (possibly from the similarity of their first names). He is especially notable for his distinctive sub-baritone voice"

"Shaggy went on to conquer the U.S with his next album, 1995's Boombastic. The title track was an inescapable hit, selling over a million copies; it reached number three on the pop charts and number one on the R&B charts, and also became Shaggy's second U.K chart-topper"

Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs ranked this song at Number (Nope, They hated it) and the Album ranked at Number (I Dont Think So Tim)
Search Artist here:1-2-3-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home