Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Number 919 - Abba


Number 919

ABBA

"Knowing Me, Knowing You"

(1977)
.
.
................Genre: Pop...............

Back in '77 i was 12, i thought was the fraggin' Bee's Knee's. Back then i didnt even know they were the Eurovision winners. (Dont panic, Eurovision was like Euro Idol or something) To me, at that point of time musically besides Olivia N John, (Hubba Bubba ~ Hey i was 12) They were the all to end all. Being 12 aint easy yanno! Dont execute me just yet!
For Oliva Newton John see Number 985
This next bit is a wee bit tragic, so im counting on you guys for support. I used to practice in front of the mirror singing "ABBA songs"

Ack! You all have that look of " No crowbarred.... NO" Hey c,mon you guys probably pranced around singing songs in ya Care Bears outfits (cut me some slack will ya....sheesh) and i aint laffin at you. BLEH

*Swallows CHILL pill* Here is what the "experts" say..............

"The upgraded sound puts the piano on "Dancing Queen" practically in the room with the listener, and the rhythm guitars by Björn Ulvaeus and Lasse Wellander on "Knowing Me, Knowing You," "When I Kissed the Teacher," and "Dum Dum Diddle" are up very close. The other big beneficiaries are Rutger Gunnarsson's muscular bass playing throughout the album, which never sounded sharper or more effective, and Benny Andersson's keyboards everywhere, which have real presence. Wellander's power chords over the chorus of "Knowing Me, Knowing You" are some of those dramatic musical effects that this group played for maximum effect, which gave their music a raw power that their detractors usually overlooked; in the new edition, it's impossible to ignore."
Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs ranked this song at Number (Nope, They hated it) and the Album ranked at Number 180 (Number 180 for their Greatest Hits that is)
This song has a crowbarred rating of 55.7 out of 108
Search Artist here
1-2-3-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z
Tekawhata
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger shpprgrl said...

I like your blog! There are so many songs on this page I like, but this has to be one of my favorites. I love Abba. (Which reminds me, I've lost by best Abba CD somewhere.) Thanks for visiting.

1:10 am  
Blogger crowbarred said...

if you need help for a song ... just give me a yell

1:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home