Thursday, July 27, 2006

Number 1000 - Helen Reddy

OK lets start [end?] the countdown................! ~ Wo0t

Number 1000


Helen Reddy

"Delta Dawn"

(1973)
.
.
.
.


Genre:Pop

Critics say: "Delta Dawn" was as big a hit for Reddy as was "I Am Woman," but Long Hard Climb fails to equal her previous album, coming across as just a strained retread.
I say: Personally i cant stand this song its C*R*A*P and probably the only time you see me agreeing with the "expert" when he says "strained retread" .
Please if there is one person who can give me a sound argument why this song is great let alone be in the "The definitive 1000 Songs Of All Time" (1955 to 2005) im all ears (and yes i do know it was a strong woman's movement song). As for why its in the "Prestigious List" that is the reason why otherwise i would love to use this single as skeet shooting practice! ...[crowbarred]

Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs ranked this song at (Nope they hated it) and the Album ranked at Number (Nope, doesn't even know its out yet) I Agree
This song has a crowbarred rating of 33.6 out of 108 pts

Search Artist here:1-2-3-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z
Web Poll Powered By MicroPoll
underlay crowbarred trademe

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger crowbarred said...

Hey i dont!

But serriously, thats what this page is about wether it should be in The 1000 Definitive Songs Of All Time

So i will take that as one vote for the Bra Burners

11:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How dear you bag our favourite girls dancing on the table top song thnking we are gorgeous, hot young things!!

8:31 pm  
Blogger crowbarred said...

Pass me a Tui "Yea Right"

11:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, haven't I heard you sing this song at Karaoke?........Don't be shy, I have it on good authority. I think it's a song that will get everyone singing especially after a few ales

12:35 pm  
Blogger crowbarred said...

I have NEVER sang this song in public!!!! HUFF

4:44 pm  
Blogger crowbarred said...

looks like this song is staying ..... !

12:56 am  
Anonymous Mullet said...

watta shocker wasn't it a church song

10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home